ORK 3.11.0 is here with 40 new features, changes and fixes (and a few more in the also included Makinom 2.10.1)!
This update adds support for input IDs to combatants (e.g. having different menu controls based on the user), abilities/items can now toggle between targeting allies and enemies, items support use counts, item types can define animation overrides for all equipment using them and many other new features, changes and fixes.
This version contains Makinom 2.10.1 with a few additional new features, changes and fixes.
Download the latest version of ORK Framework here.
Turn Based and Phase battle systems will no longer automatically end a combatant’s turn when the remaining actions per turn reach 0 if Auto End Turn is disabled.
- Combatants: Input IDs: Combatants/groups now support using input IDs. Input IDs are used to define which inputs are used in an input key. The combatant/group’s input ID is e.g. used in menu screens, battle menus or schematics animating an action. A combatant/group’s input ID can be changed using schematics and defaults to the global input ID. This can e.g. be used to create local multiplayer.
- Formulas, Battle AIs: Select Ability: ‘Use Sub-Types’ setting available when limiting ability type. Uses sub-types of the defined ability type. By default enabled (previous behaviour).
- Status Conditions: Is Passive: ‘Is Passive’ status condition check type available. Checks if a combatant is active or passive. Passive combatants are not part of the battle order, i.e. they don’t use any actions but can still be targeted.
- Item Types: Equipment Settings: ‘Animation Settings’ available. Item types can now override a combatant’s animations when wearing an equipment of the item type (primary item type only). The equipment can override the type’s animations. This allows an easier setup for equipment animation overrides, as you can now override e.g. all sword animations via their sword item type.
- Items: Use Count: ‘Use Count’ settings available in the item’s ‘User Settings > Use Cost’ settings. Optionally allow using an item a defined number of times (like ability use count). If the item is consumed, it’ll only be consumed after the use count reached 0. Reducing an item’s quantity will reset the use count to it’s maximum (i.e. item with less use count is removed).
- Abilities, Items: Target Selection Settings: ‘Target Type Toggle’ setting available for ‘Enemy’ and ‘Ally’ target types (and not using ‘None’ target range). Allows switching between enemy and ally targets during target selection using the ‘Target Type Key’ defined in ‘Battles > Target Settings’.
- Battle Grid Settings: Move Command: Pathfinding Settings: ‘Prioritize Direction’ setting available. The path will prioritize the direction of the selected/target cell. Please note that this can have a heavy impact on performance due to the move range being created for multiple directions instead of only once.
- Target Settings: Target Change Keys: ‘Target Type Key’ settings available. Defines the input key that’s used to toggle between ‘Enemy’ and ‘Ally’ target types of abilities and items during target selection. Abilities/items that have ‘Target Type Toggle’ enabled allow switching between enemy and ally targets.
- Target Settings: Target Change Keys: Target Range Key: ‘Reset Target Range Toggle’ setting available. Optionally reset the target range after target selection ended (selecting a target or canceling).
- Menu Screens: Crafting List: ‘Exact Order’ creation type available. The items in the crafting list must match the crafting recipe’s ingredients in the same order the ingredients are defined.
- Battle Menus: Title Settings: ‘Show Sub-Menu Title’ settings available. Optionally show a different title for sub-menus of the battle menu. This title can use additional text codes to show content information of the previously selected menu item. E.g. use this to show the selected ability type or action in the next menu.
- Research Trees: Research Items: ‘Keep Instances’ setting available when a ‘Cancelable’ research item refunds costs. Optionally keeps the instance of the consumed item cost for refunding instead of creating a new instance of the item. Use this option to get your original items back in case you use item/equipment variables or other customizations on the consumed items.
- Text Display Settings: Use Cost Display: Use Count Text: The use count is now also displayed for items. Items using use count will list the use count in their use cost text.
- Text Display Settings: Status Change Display: Apply Status Effects: Hit chance text codes avaialble for apply and critical apply status effect texts. Display the hit chance of the status effect change using text codes. If the status effect doesn’t use a hit chance, the maximum chance will be displayed.
- Shortcut Settings: ‘Only Same Item/Equipment/Currency Instance’ settings available (separate settings). Only the same, matching instance of an item, equipment or currency will be kept in shortcut slots. If disabled, a matching item/equipment/currency will be selected from the inventory instead. By default disabled (previous behaviour). E.g. use this to remove shortcuts once an item stack has been completely used.
- Schematics: Change Combatant Input ID: ‘Change Combatant Input ID’ node available in ‘Combatant > Combatant’ nodes. Changes the input ID of a combatant or a combatant’s group. Input IDs are used to define which inputs are used in an input key. The combatant/group’s input ID is e.g. used in menu screens and battle menus the combatant is the user of, or schematics animating actions of a combatant.
- Schematics: Check Combatant Input ID: ‘Check Combatant Input ID’ node available in ‘Combatant > Combatant’ nodes. Checks the input ID of a combatant or a combatant’s group.
- Schematics: Preload Grid Highlights: ‘Preload Grid Highlights’ node available in ‘Battle > Grid Highlight’ nodes. Preloads grid cell highlights on a battle grid. This’ll spawn prefab highlights (disabled) on each cell (depending on the used grid highlights).
- Schematics: Change Combatant Passive State: ‘Change Combatant Passive State’ node available in ‘Combatant > Combatant’ nodes. Changes a combatant’s passive state. Passive combatants are not part of the battle order, i.e. they don’t use any actions but can still be targeted.
- Schematics: Set Combatant Game Object: ‘Set Combatant Game Object’ node available in ‘Combatant > Spawn’ nodes. Sets a combatant’s game object to a defined game object.
- Schematics: Sort Selected Shortcuts: ‘Sort Selected Shortcuts’ node available in ‘Value > Selected Data’ nodes. Sort shortcuts stored in selected data by defined metrics, e.g. by name, ID or type ID. Shortcuts are things like abilities, items, equipment and other inventory content.
- Schematics: Change Item Use Count: ‘Change Item Use Count’ node available in ‘Inventory > Inventory’ nodes. Changes or resets the use count of items of a combatant.
- Schematics: Check Item Use Count: ‘Check Item Use Count’ node available in ‘Inventory > Inventory’ nodes. Checks the use count of items stored in selected data.
- Unity UI: ORK HUD Status Text Content: Use Count: ‘Use Count’ status type avaialble. Displays the use count of an ability or item. Only displayed when the ability/item uses use count.
- Unity UI: ORK HUD Status Text Content: Item: New text codes available. Display the use count (‘<usecount>’) and maximum use count (‘<usecountmax>’) of an item using text codes.
- Unity UI: HUD Menu Shop User Content Provider Component: ‘HUD Menu Shop User Content Provider’ component available. Uses the user of a currently open menu screen or shop as content. Can fall back to use the player if no menu/shop is open.
- HUD Conditions: Item Use Count: ‘Item Use Count’ condition type available. Checks if the HUD user is an item with use count.
- HUD Conditions: Shop Content: ‘Shop Content’ condition type available. Checks if the HUD user is something listed in a shop.
- Scripting: Combatants: Event Handlers: Most event handlers of a combatant are now accessed via the ‘Events’ property of the combatant instance instead of spread out over multiple properties. The only exceptions are for event handlers of individual status features, e.g. per status value.
- Turn Based Battles, Phase Battles: If ‘Auto End Turn’ is disabled, the combatant’s turn no longer ends when no actions per turn are left.
- Target Selection: The ‘Target Range Toggle’ state of abilities and items is now handled globally instead of per ability/item instance.
- Unity UI: ORK HUD Text Content: The use count text codes (‘<usecount>’ and ‘<usecountmax>’) now also display use count of displayed items.
- Unity UI: ORK HUD Status Text Content: The ‘Item’ and ‘Ability’ status type will now show shop prices when displayed for an item sold in a shop (e.g. in tooltip HUDs).
- Unity UI: UI Research Tree Components: Generating the trees now consider any condition for ‘Research Item’ checks. Previously, only ‘Researched’ and ‘Completed’ where taken into account.
- Status Values: Change Schematics: Fixed an issue where using multiple ‘From X’ settings not set to ‘Ignore’ blocked execution.
- Classes: Fixed an issue where changing the single-class of a combatant and forgetting learned abilities didn’t remove abilities added to the class by research trees.
- Turn Based Battles, Phase Battles: Fixed an issue where disabling ‘Auto End Turn’ still ended the turn after a combatant finished using an action and no longer having any actions per turn left.
- Shop Layouts: Fixed an issue where ‘Auto Close Buy’ and ‘Auto Close Sell’ didn’t close the shop’s item selection (caused by the inventory change refreshing the shop’s UI).
- Schematics: Select Ability: Fixed an issue where the ‘Ability Type’ setting wasn’t displayed when using ‘Limit Ability Type.
- Unity UI: UI Research Tree: Fixed an issue where unavailable research item buttons and their lines where not disabled (hidden). Affected both ‘Single’ and ‘Multi’ variants.