Download the free test version of ORK Framework – or purchase the full version!
The latest version is ORK Framework 2.20.0.
ORK Framework requires at least Unity® 5.6. Get Unity for free at unity3d.com! The free test version contains separate unitypackage files for Unity 5.6, Unity 2017 and Unity 2018.
See the feature comparison between the free test version and the full version of ORK Framework.
Please note that ORK Framework requires one licence per seat.
| ||Free Test Version||Full Version
All prices excluding VAT.
All ORK Framework features are included.
There are no per-title fees.
You don't have to pay royalties or revenue share.
All supported platforms can be targeted.
The free test version displays an ORK Framework logo watermark.
You can create unlimited game data.
The free test version has a data limit.
E.g. you can only create 2 languages and 10 input keys.
Includes gameplay related source code.
You are allowed to sell your products created using ORK Framework.
You need additional services? I’m available for commissional work to help you creating your project!
You need a special feature included in ORK Framework? Beside doing a feature request, you can also contact me for commissional work. There are 2 types of feature implementations available:
- Exclusive Feature
You are the only one getting the feature, but it’d be only for a specific version of the framework (i.e. the current version at that time).
Updates to higher versions would require additional work/costs.
- Public Feature
Everyone gets the feature through the normal update cycle of ORK Framework.
The feature will be updated and maintained with the rest of the framework.
In both cases, you’d get early access beta versions of the features to test and see what needs to be changed.
Also, you can do a group buy on features and team up with others to share the costs – see this thread in the Community forum for details.
You need help creating your project with ORK Framework or need custom tools or scripts? Contact me for commissional work to help you with your project – this can include (but is not limited to):
- setting up your status system
- creating events (e.g. battle events for your abilities)
- setting up ORK scene components (e.g. battles or combatant spawners)
- setting up your UI in ORK Framework (GUI boxes, menu screens, HUDs, …)
- writing custom editor tools to speed up your work
- writing plugins/bridges to 3rd party products
It’s best if you already have some kind of design document or description of what you need before contacting me. The more detailed, the better I can estimate the costs.
Purchasing an ORK license will grant you access to updates for 1 year – e.g. if you purchased ORK on 2018-05-01, you’ll get free updates until 2019-05-01. Afterwards, there are 2 ways to get further ORK updates:
- Purchase another license in the Unity Asset Store for 1 year of free updates.
- Pledge $25 or more on Patreon to gain access to the release versions.
Unity Asset Store
Until Unity provides the means to set up yearly subscriptions for asset providers, the yearly update cycle in the Asset Store will be handled as follows.
- The ORK Framework asset will be deprecated and replaced by a new asset each year (around this time, i.e. End of September).
- A grace period of 180 days allows everyone who purchased within that time to freely upgrade to the new asset.
- Everyone who purchased before 180 days of the new asset’s release can contact me to get updates until their free update time runs out.
- If you’ve purchased your license over a year ago, you need to purchase a new license to get access to the new asset/updates.
Don’t forget to include your Asset Store order/invoice number when contacting me for your updates!
Pledging $25 or more on Patreon will grant you access to release versions (i.e. the same versions that are available in the Asset Store). However, getting updates through Patreon still requires you to have a valid license, even if the purchase has been over a year ago.
Updating through Patreon is for people who want to show their extraordinary support or don’t want to purchase another license each year and rather selectively get an update with things they need.