ORK 3.2.0 is here with new features, changes and fixes!
This update adds improvements to aggression state notifications (i.e. notifying other group/faction members), optional default setups for item collectors, new Unity UI module components and other new features changes and fixes.
This version contains Makinom 2.3.0, adding support for no domain reloading in Unity (i.e. faster playtesting), improves the settings search in the editor, adds optional line of sight checks for interactions and other new features, changes and fixes.
Additionally, displaying UI boxes or HUDs at the position of a game object on-screen can now use world space canvases if the game object they’re displayed for have a ‘Canvas’ attached.
Download the latest version of ORK Framework here.
If you’re enjoying the updates, tutorials and support I provide, please consider leaving a review in the Unity Asset Store and supporting me on patron.com – every little bit helps!
Combatant Object and Object type HUDs now also have an Auto Display setting to enable/disable showing them in-game.
This setting is by default disabled, i.e. you need to enable it in your HUDs to show them with this update.
- Makinom: Includes and requires Makinom 2.3.0.
- Unity: Domain Reload: Entering play mode without reloading the domain is now supported. You can find Unity’s play mode settings in the Unity menu ‘Edit > Project Settings… > Editor’.
- Inventory Settings: Item Collection: ‘Default Start Settings’ available. Optionally set up default start settings for newly created ‘Item Collector’ components.
- Combatants: AI Settings: Aggression: ‘React Move AI’ setting available when reacting to group or faction aggression. The combatant’s move AI will react to the aggressor and detect it when using ‘Detect On Aggression’ (move AI settings).
- Combatants: AI Settings: Aggression: ‘Notify Others’ setting available when reacting to group or faction aggression. Further notifies other group/faction members when becoming aggressive due to reacting to another combatant’s aggression state change.
- Move AIs: Waypoint Settings: ‘Start in Waypoint Mode’ setting available. Optionally start following waypoints when spawned – otherwise starts with an idle schematic. By default enabled (starting with waypoints).
- Move AIs, Battle Range Templates, Group/Individual Target Settings: Line Of Sight: ‘Offset’ settings available for user and target game objects. Optionally add an offset to the position of the user’s and target’s game object for the raycast.
- Schematics: Select Item Collector: ‘Select Item Collector’ node available in ‘Value > Selected Data’ nodes. Uses items from ‘Item Collector’ components as selected data.
- Schematics: Change Aggression State: ‘Notify Others’ setting available. Notifying other group/faction members is now optional. By default enabled (previous behavoiur).
- Schematics: Change Aggression State: ‘Aggressor’ settings available when using ‘Is Aggressive’. Optionally use a defined combatant as the aggressor, allowing the combatant’s move AI to react to the aggressor.
- Unity UI: Content Provider: HUD Combatant Object: ‘HUD Combatant Object’ content provider component available. Uses the combatant from a game object (or the content provider’s own game object) as content for it’s HUD components. E.g. use this to add a world space canvas to a combatant’s game object.
- Unity UI: Content Provider: HUD Combatant Status Effect: ‘ HUD Combatant Status Effect’ content provider component available. Uses a defined status effect of a combatant as content for it’s HUD components. Needs a combatant provided to it, e.g. from it’s parent HUD.
- Unity UI Setup: Context Menu: ‘Text+Icon Content’, ‘Text Content’ and ‘Icon Content’ entries available in ‘ORK Framework > HUD > Content’. Creates ‘ORK HUD Text Content’ component game objects with text and icon, text only or icon only configuration.
- HUD Click Component: ‘Use Shortcut’ click type available. Tries to use the HUD content’s shortcut. E.g. combine a ‘HUD Click’ component with a ‘HUD Combatant Ability’ or ‘HUD Combatant Item’ component to use the displayed ability/item on click.
- ORK HUD Status Text Component: ‘<quantityinventory>’ text code avaialble in ‘Item’, ‘Equipment’ and ‘Shortcut’ status types. Displays the total quantity of an item, equpipment, etc. in the user’s (or player’s) inventory.
- Player Controls: Mouse: ‘Auto Stop Move’ now clears the movement target when the control is disabled.
- Face Camera Component: Facing the camera is now handled in ‘LateUpdate’.
- HUDs: Combatant Object: Now shows the ‘Auto Display’ setting to manage if the HUD is displayed or not. Please note that this is disabled by default, i.e. you have to enable it in your ‘Combatant Object’ HUDs to display them.
- HUDs: Object: Now shows the ‘Auto Display’ setting to manage if the HUD is displayed or not. Please note that this is disabled by default, i.e. you have to enable it in your ‘Object’ HUDs to display them.
- Editor: Game Settings: Fixed an issue where not using bestiary was hiding the ‘Game Over’ settings.
- Equipment: Durability: Fixe an issue where ‘None’ outworn action didn’t keep the bonuses and abilities of the equipment accessible.
- Unity UI: ORK HUD Text Content: Fixed an issue when displaying an item in ‘ORK HUD Text Content’ components in a HUD.
- Battle End: Loot Dialogue: Layout Screen: Fixed an issue that caused an error when displaying loot notifications.
- Battle End: Loot Dialogue: Layout Screen: Fixed an issue where not closing the loot dialogue could lead to not closing all UI boxes.
- Status Values: Experience: Fixed an issue where using ‘Count To Value’ for ‘Experrience’ type status values starting ‘From Minimum’ lead to backwards counting.
- Battle Grids, Battle Range Templates: Fixed issues with rotating grid masks in 2D grids.
- Move AI: Fixed an issue where not using idle schematics resulted in not patroling.