Attributes are used to influence the impact of an ability or item on a target’s status values.
There are two types of attributes:
- Attack Attributes
They are assigned to an ability or item and use the target’s attribute value for calculation.
- Defence Attributes
They are assigned to combatants and use the user’s attribute value for calculation.
Each attribute has at least one sub-attribute – so you can create an attack attribute Element with the sub-attributes Fire, Water, Earth and Wind. Each combatant holds the values of all attributes – the default start value is 100, but this can be changed for each sub-attribute, class and combatant individually. The Attribute values of a combatant can be influenced by status bonuses, so basically by everything (like equipment or status effects).
Attributes are edit in the Status section of the ORK Framework editor.
Attributes are percent-based, i.e. their value is used to calculate the percent of how much an ability or item will change a target’s status values (based on the original calculated outcome). Negative attribute values will result in the target’s status values be changed into the opposite direction (i.e. increase if it’s a damage, decrease if it’s a refresh/heal).
- 100 % means normal damage
- 200 % means double damage
- 50 % means half damage
- 0 % means no damage
- -50 % means the target is healed by half of the damage
- -100 % means the target is healed by the whole damage
The calculation is done for each attack and defence attribute individually.
Attack attributes are (optionally) assigned to the status value changes of abilities and items. Optionally you can also use attack attributes assigned by status effects (like giving your base attack a Fire element).
When calculating, the user’s ability/item define the attack attributes that will be used, but the value used for the calculation comes from the target.
- A magic attack (ability) uses the attack attribute Element and has the Fire sub-attribute assigned.
- The ability will do a damage of 500 to HP.
- The target’s Fire attribute value is 75.
- The ability will do 375 damage (500 * 75 / 100).
Defence attributes are assigned to combatants. They can be overridden by equipment and status effects. Optionally, the defence attributes can be ignored by the status value changes of abilities and items.
When calculating, the target defines the defence attributes that will be used, but the value used for the calculation comes from the user of the ability/item.
- The target’ defence attribute Race is set to Insect.
- The user wears a special piece of equipment, which gives a bonus of 50 on Insect. The total value is 150.
- The user attacks the target and will do a damage of 200 to HP.
- The attack will do 300 damage (200 * 150 / 100).